Why Store Cord Blood?
Stem cells from the umbilical cord are young and healthy cells, and are better matches when used for transplants. More and more families have chosen to collect, process and store their baby’s cord blood as it:
- Provides a safe, painless and non-controversial means of acquiring stem cells
- Has the potential to treat a wide range of diseases including common cancers and blood disorders
- Is generally preferred in stem cell transplantation because of a lower complication rate compared to bone marrow transplantation
- Can be readily made available should the need arise, thus eliminating the time needed to search for a matching donor’s stem cells and allowing treatment to begin promptly
- Guarantees a 100% perfect match for your baby
- Can potentially increase the odds of having a match for the baby’s siblings and parents
- Is recognised as one of the most promising medical treatments for the future.
Call StemCord today to store your soon to be born baby’s cord blood now.