StemCord Bonus Covers
StemCord is the only cord blood bank in Singapore that has taken the proactive step to automatically bundle value-added features with your cord blood banking storage package. By initiating not just one, but three StemCord Bonus Covers*, your loved ones are assured of additional coverage and protection:
- StemCord Care21 – provides coverage for your child till 21 years of age due to the unfortunate demise of either biological parent*
- StemCord QualityPlus - ensures a S$25,000 lump sum payout*
- StemCord AssuredPlus - offers a confirmatory HLA Low Resolution Test on the cord blood unit(s) at no charge*
You no longer need to worry about what will happen to your child's stored cord blood unit(s) in the unforeseen circumstance that you or the biological father of your child passes away. StemCord recognises the importance of protecting your loved ones till they are of age. With StemCord Care21 bonus cover in place, StemCord will totally waive* the cord blood banking annual storage fee for your child and continue to store* your child's cord blood unit(s) right up till the age of 21 years old.
When you entrust your child's cord blood unit(s) with StemCord for processing and storage, you are protected by StemCord QualityPlus, a guarantee of quality that your child's cord blood is viable for use. It assures you of S$25,000 if your child's cord blood unit(s) do not engraft in a stem cell transplant following standard, recognised medical practices. This sum will help defray the cost for the procurement of an alternative stem cell source if medically indicated.
With StemCord AssuredPlus, there is now further reassurance for you and your loved ones. When the need to use the cord blood unit(s) arises, you do not need to worry about safety issues but can have a complete peace of mind. StemCord will bear the cost of performing a confirmatory HLA Low Resolution Test* on the cord blood unit(s) that is requested for transplant to enhance patient safety.
StemCord has introduced these three StemCord BonusCovers that provide additional protection at no extra cost because at StemCord, we care for your baby's future.
What documents do I need to produce to make a claim?
In the unforeseen event that a claim needs to be made under:
- StemCord Care21 - a certificate of death* is required;
- StemCord QualityPlus - supporting laboratory reports and a statement endorsed by the treating physician certifying that the cord blood stem cells had failed to engraft during the transplant are required;
- StemCord AssuredPlus - a completed consent form from the client together with a request form endorsed by the transplant physician are required for the release of the cord blood unit(s).
Note: Please refer to the StemCord Cord Blood Agreement (Bonus Covers Appendix I) for specific terms, conditions and exclusions. In the event of claims, the claimant is required to produce the original StemCord Cord Blood Agreement, the Claimant's identification and Statement, and the relevant endorsed forms from the treating physician(s). For a copy of the StemCord Bonus Covers list of Terms & Conditions, please email email@example.com.
How do I sign up for the StemCord Bonus Covers?
All new and existing StemCord clients whose child's cord blood is processed by and stored with StemCord automatically enjoy the benefits of the StemCord Bonus Covers*1. Simply call 6471 2002 and our Client Relations Executive will provide you with more information.
Important Notes and Disclaimers
* Please refer to the exact terms, conditions and exclusions applicable to the Bonus Covers in the StemCord Cord Blood Agreement. StemCord Pte Ltd reserves the right to amend, add or vary any of the information and conditions of the Bonus Covers from time to time without prior notice. For a copy of the StemCord Bonus Covers list of Terms &Conditions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. 1 You are required to have entered into the StemCord Cord Blood Agreement with StemCord and to maintain an active account, and you will be automatically included under these Bonus Covers. The coverage shall be continuous and you will enjoy the benefits of the Bonus Covers as long as the cord blood banking annual storage fee and/or any fees due to StemCord is/are fully paid pursuant to the StemCord Cord Blood Agreement.